One of the ways to learn how to see and draw is through copying Bargue Plates in Sight-Size. You can do this on your own, by purchasing the Charles Bargue: Drawing Course. Or, you can use Sight-Size.com’s free guide, Steps To Seeing.
Steps To Seeing you will lead you, step-by-step, through the entire process of drawing a digitally scanned and restored Bargue Plate. You will learn how to:
- Set your drawing space up in Sight-Size
- Accurately block-in your drawing
- Find the bedbug line (the shadow line)
- Refine the contour
- See and correct mistakes
- Mass-in your drawing
- Accurately see and represent value relationships
- Complete your drawing
Subscribe to Sight-Size.com and receive:
- A free guide to doing Sight-Size Bargue plates
- An e-mail every two weeks with a link to a high resolution, digitally restored scan of an original Bargue plate* for you to copy
- A free summary poster for attaining a fresh eye
- Notification of new articles on the site
- Notification of new course materials
- No spam from me!
*By the end of the series, you will have received a total of 6 Bargue plates.